Backyard Remodeling Projects to Invest In Before Summer
It might seem like summer is a long ways away, but it’ll be upon us before you know it. Now’s the perfect time to invest in backyard remoedling projects. Not only will they be ready in time for you to enjoy all summer long, but they’ll also give you a chance to focus on fun and warmth during the cooler, grayer months. They’re the perfect distraction that will pay off as future attractions in your backyard for you to enjoy for a long time to come. Our team at Liquid Concepts Pool has put together some information about 3 great potential backyard remodeling projects in case you need a little inspiration to get you started on the journey to your best summer ever!
1. Invest in a New Pool
Having a pool in the summer is one of the best ways to escape the Texas heat while spending valuable time outside with friends and family. You can cool off, play games, and simply lounge in your own backyard oasis. Investing in a swimming pool now will help ensure that your family has a beautiful piece of functioning art by the start of the summer. Many people wonder if they should wait until closer to the summer, but the answer to that is actually no. Investing in a pool earlier than the spring months will better ensure that your pool is ready to go by the time summer rolls around. Waiting until closer to the summer might mean that your pool is not ready for you to enjoy when summer rolls around, and you’ll be stuck in the sweltering heat looking at an unfinished pool, wishing you could finally just jump in and cool off.
To have a better idea for planning, it’s helpful to know that it generally takes 8-10 weeks to complete a new pool build. That’s because there are many steps that go into constructing a beautiful and long-lasting pool.
- Steps for New Pool Construction
- Pool Excavation: This step involves excavating the earth to prepare a space for the base of the pool.
- Laying the Steel Cage: Crafting a steel cage will reinforce the pool and add to its longevity.
- Installing the Concrete Shell: Our team will install either a gunite or shotcrete mixture to create the pool shell.
- Curing Process: The curing process takes about 28 days to complete and allows the concrete shell to strengthen and harden. This is typically the most time-intesive part of a new pool build, but it is essential to ensure safety, durability, and longevity.
- Tiling and Coping: Next, we add the pool tiles and coping to give your pool its beautiful look. We also install the concrete or stone border around your pool. This takes about 3 days to 2 weeks depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Building the Pool Patio: After the tile has been installed, it’s time to install a beautiful pool patio. This involves using compacting stones to create a watertight seal and then using the patio option of your choice.
- Installing the Pool’s Plaster: The plaster will give your pool its smooth surface and further strengthens its structure.
2. Add an Outdoor Kitchen
Outdoor kitchens have a multitude of benefits for your Texas home. It’s no secret that food is an excellent way to bring people together and make lasting memories; outdoor kitchens create a great place to spend time with family and friends while cooking your favorite meal. They are also practical in addition to sentimental. They can prevent cooking odors from getting trapped in your home and decrease the number of trips you’d have to take while continually running inside during outdoor gatherings to get more food. This also means there are fewere chances for cool air to escape from your home, helping you save on energy costs. Energy cost savings aren’t the only benefit, though; outdoor kitchens look gorgeous and add significant value to your home. When it comes to your memories, your quality of life, and your wallet, an outdoor kitchen is sure to be a great investment.
3. Install an Outdoor Fireplace or Firepit
Outdoor fireplaces and firepits can be enjoyed all year long, making them a uniquely profitable investment. The roaring flames create a soothing and captivating atmosphere that help individuals relax, and their ambience adds something to every situation. Just to name a few, outdoor fireplaces and firepits create the perfect space to spend a romantic evening, hang out with friends, or spend time to yourself. Additionally, outdoor fireplaces and firepits can be placed alongside your outdoor living room or patio, creating a safe space for swimmers to dry off after a night swim so that you don’t have to decide between tracking water into your house on slippery floors or staying outside in the cool dark night.
Need Help Creating Your Dream Backyard Oasis?
Creating your dream backyard oasis is a very worthy, but very daunting undertaking. You’ll need to figure out the layout, materials, costs, labor, and more to make it a reality. It may sound like it’ll be a huge headache, but our knowledgeable team at Liquid Concept Signature Pool & Patio will work with you to make sure bringing your ideal backyard oasis to life is a dream, too. You can focus on relaxing while we use our years of experience and wide skill sets to make sure you end up with a backyard oasis you’ll enjoy for years to come. To get one step closer to making that dream a reality, make sure to contact us today to schedule an appointment or consultation!